Areas of Focus
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- Sexual and gender minorities
- Resource-limited settings, domestically and globally
- Mental health
- Obesity, nutrition, and physical activity
- Alcohol and other drug use
Our faculty aim to improve the health of underserved and diverse communities by understanding and eliminating inequities in health and healthcare outcomes. As a result, many of our researchers direct their research efforts toward addressing avoidable and preventable inequalities due to social, cultural, and environmental injustices.
Advanced quantitative and qualitative research methods are implemented across interdisciplinary teams using a community-based approach to prevent, reduce, and eliminate health inequities across diverse populations, including among racial and ethnic minorities, sexual and gender minorities and those in resource-limited settings—both domestically and globally.